DMWL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DMWL

Yuuup!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tournament: Street Level

+6
Bardian
Lady Ruliya
Thor Mod of Thunder
Jwlynas
Ford Prefect
ZomB
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1The Tournament: Street Level Empty The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 am

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

An interesting Idea I saw on another forum. We will create our own teams, and debate for them as such. The Winner will be by either concession or vote from others. Each match will take place in a different location and scenario, given these characters power-levels these will be adjusted to make things interesting. Please note I said the scenarios will change as well as the location, these will not just be about who can beat the other team. I do this because I am sure people can circumvent the rules for straight up battle.

Rules:

-Must be street level.

-Nobody with superior speed or agility to Spider-Man's.

-Nobody with durability or strength superior to Luke Cage's.

-Nobody with a superior healing factor to Deadpool's.

-Nobody with intangibility.

-No teleporters.

-Nobody who can mimic or steal powers.

-No Mind Control, Mind tricks, or other mindfuckery.

-Nobody with pheromones.

-Nobody with luck powers.

-No chronomanipulation.

-Noone with major size manipulation.

-DC characters must be specified pre or post 52.

-No Kharn The Betrayer.

-You must list your characters gear prior to each round, and upon submitting your team. (I'll get mine up after I sleep)

-Teams are five members.

-Magic users must be approved. (Try to avoid them, as it is unlikely I will approve any.)

-I get the final say on who is allowed.

My Team:
Spoiler:

Thor Mod of Thunder's Team:
Spoiler:

Ford Prefect's Team:
Spoiler:

Jwlynas' Team:
Spoiler:

Bard's Team:
Spoiler:

Ka-tet's Team:
Spoiler:

Ruliya's Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ZomB on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 7 times in total

https://dmwl.forumotion.com

2The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 am

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ford Prefect on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Accidental duplicate link)

3The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Everyone checks out except Corvo & Jensen, I'm gonna have to say no Typhoon for Jensen. Corvo, is pretty much all magic. I have a hard enough time allowing Jensen's magitech, I don't think I can allow Corvo, at least not without limiting him severely.

4The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Jwlynas

Spoiler:

5The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

A very varied team, I'll have to look into Detritus to be sure, but what I know of Discworld, he should fit the parameters. Everything looks good from the outset. I must say, I really like that team, should definitely be interesting to see them in action.

6The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Jwlynas

Detritus is tough. Possibly the toughest person on any team so far if we take armour out of the equation, but he's far from Luke Cage's level (He's been shot by gun-like contrivances before now and wounded, small arms fire might not bother him that much, but any sizable explosion could spell disaster. Might try to get him a little more love out and about, I do love him so and his crossbow/ballista is hilarious)

7The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Jwlynas wrote:Detritus is tough. Possibly the toughest person on any team so far if we take armour out of the equation, but he's far from Luke Cage's level (He's been shot by gun-like contrivances before now and wounded, small arms fire might not bother him that much, but any sizable explosion could spell disaster. Might try to get him a little more love out and about, I do love him so and his crossbow/ballista is hilarious)
Alrighty, your team is definitely in, I was wondering if there would be anything that didn't fit the classic swordsman/commando/gunslinger/assassin stereotypes. A troll is a refreshing change of pace.

8The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

If we're taking durability into account, Garrus' shields make him extremely resistant, nigh impervious to most of the "normal" characters. Would that make someone like a Protoss Zealot useable?

9The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

here cool site.

10The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Ford Prefect wrote:If we're taking durability into account, Garrus' shields make him extremely resistant, nigh impervious to most of the "normal" characters. Would that make someone like a Protoss Zealot useable?
Kinetic barriers are powerful, but they will go down to bullets eventually, and sufficient kinetic energy. They are also useless against melee attacks. Honestly, all I know of Zealots is the gameplay mechanics from Starcraft and Starcraft 2, so I'd have to know their upper ends first.

11The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

ZomB wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:If we're taking durability into account, Garrus' shields make him extremely resistant, nigh impervious to most of the "normal" characters. Would that make someone like a Protoss Zealot useable?
Kinetic barriers are powerful, but they will go down to bullets eventually, and sufficient kinetic energy. They are also useless against melee attacks. Honestly, all I know of Zealots is the gameplay mechanics from Starcraft and Starcraft 2, so I'd have to know their upper ends first.
Little less confident in my team, but I don't want to keep changing it. I'll stick with them Very Happy

12The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

I'm happy with my team overall, I keep debating if I should keep Leon or switch him for Dresden though.

13The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:I'm happy with my team overall, I keep debating if I should keep Leon or switch him for Dresden though.
Would Dresden's powers have to be gimped by the rules? I don't know anything about him aside from what I've read on the mainland debates.

14The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:I'm happy with my team overall, I keep debating if I should keep Leon or switch him for Dresden though.
Keep Leon, Dresden is too magic.

15The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

I'm planning on keeping him, but it's just something I can't help wondering. Course Dresden and Spidey on the same team they could just snark the other teams into submission.

16The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:I'm planning on keeping him, but it's just something I can't help wondering. Course Dresden and Spidey on the same team they could just snark the other teams into submission.
Add Deadpool.

17The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:48 pm

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Ford Prefect wrote:
Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:I'm planning on keeping him, but it's just something I can't help wondering. Course Dresden and Spidey on the same team they could just snark the other teams into submission.
Add Deadpool.
Deadpool and Deathstroke are two I'm honestly shocked noone has taken yet.

18The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Jwlynas

I was very tempted by deathstroke, but I didn't know where he stood vis-a-vis agility compared to spiderman, healing factor. or even magic for that matter, I mostly know him from the Teen Titans cartoon.

Theres a load of people I'm surprised haven't been mentioned yet. I mean, I'm not complaining, it's awesome seeing people you wouldn't immediately think of. Still, surprising.

19The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

Deathstroke is basically Deadpool with the opposite personality and a lighter healing factor. He's also likely the only person who could beat Batman in a fair no equipment fight.
-------------
Spider-Man Dresden and Deadpool....not even the Hulk could handle that much snark, perhaps not even Galactus.

20The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

Jwlynas wrote:I was very tempted by deathstroke, but I didn't know where he stood vis-a-vis agility compared to spiderman, healing factor. or even magic for that matter, I mostly know him from the Teen Titans cartoon.

Theres a load of people I'm surprised haven't been mentioned yet. I mean, I'm not complaining, it's awesome seeing people you wouldn't immediately think of. Still, surprising.
I tried to avoid some characters that were too mainstream, Cap and Spider-Man aside (course Spidey works as a tank for my team so there's that plus I needed a...for lack of a term, armor buster that could go head to head with stronger characters, Panther can get through metal but a stronger opponent would be troublesome for him.)

21The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Lady Ruliya

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lady Ruliya on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

22The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

@Ruliya
you have a Batgirl, if there's enough feats the female Black Panther might not be a bad addition to that team.

23The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Lady Ruliya

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:@Ruliya
you have a Batgirl, if there's enough feats the female Black Panther might not be a bad addition to that team.

for the final combatant, I'm looking for a more "tank" type character. Like Ms Marvel, but I'm thinking she's too OP for this round ;P

24The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Bardian

My team (Will sub for the ones that say 'to be approved' if they don't work)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bardian on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

25The Tournament: Street Level Empty Re: The Tournament: Street Level Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

So protoss ok or no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum