DMWL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DMWL

Yuuup!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Lady Ruliya

Thor Mod of Thunder wrote:
Lady Ruliya wrote:After an hour I'm getting the feeling you wanted me to post so you could gawk at it >.>
no, sorry my computer shutdown for updates and I had to retype it and rediagram the images which is why I didn't bother diagramming phase 2 again because it didn't change much compared to the others. And I wanted to double check my facts before posting and do a quick grammar check.

But you have to admit yours looks and reads very similar to mine...

I'm not saying you copied mine, it's entirely possible we came up with exactly the same ideas. Convergent Theories, as it were.

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

Points against Ruliya:

How does Aurra see the Nightkin? (They use Stealthboys)

The Behemoth could likely notice his Fatman floating off.

Both Heatwave and Captain Cold being Flash villains have faster reactions than anyone on your team, and more powerful weapons. (Captain Cold's gun can reach absolute zero, and Heatwave's can melt metal like butter) Aurra can likely escape due to pre-cog before she is killed opening the door, but taking them down will not be easy. Also with Laura, I don't know how well she deals with extreme cold.

While activating your help, what will you do if you are spotted by Super Mutants?

Points against Thor:

Theres no way Spider-Man will get through the center and grab that fatman in broad daylight without alerting the entire fort. He is just not fast enough.

Again, Captain Cold and Heatwave have much faster reactions and more powerful weaponry than anyone on your team as well. I don't think Black Panther can survive opening that door.

What will your team do to protect from being murdered by Super Mutants while activating your help? (This seems a bit worse for you since it's two of your big guns this match doing the hacking)

Also, your team does lack range for exterminating the Xenomorphs.

https://dmwl.forumotion.com

Lady Ruliya

ZomB wrote:Points against Ruliya:

Both Heatwave and Captain Cold being Flash villains have faster reactions than anyone on your team, and more powerful weapons. (Captain Cold's gun can reach absolute zero, and Heatwave's can melt metal like butter) Aurra can likely escape due to pre-cog before she is killed opening the door, but taking them down will not be easy. Also with Laura, I don't know how well she deals with extreme cold.

While activating your help, what will you do if you are spotted by Super Mutants?

Well I have only played a few hours of Fallout 3, so I didn't know they use Stealthboys, the pictures I looked up all had them standing about visible. However.
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 Aurra-assassin
The scope has infra-red and heat modes. I'm sure most SW's weapons do.

To point 2, I tried to find the feats, but came up blank in most aspects, but her speed is pretty fast, she can run as fast as a speeding car (it will mean trudging through the series to find the vids though >.>) So she could potentially make it into the North building undetected, floating fatman and all.

Point 3: I couldn't find too much on these guys, even on the bloody DC wiki, other than they're Flash bad guys, which I know means they must be fast.

Coldman, well like Wolverine Laura is a bullet timer, and Kusanagi is stealthed, I doubt he'd detect her before it was too late.

Heatwave, unlike Laura, they wouldn't instantly charge in. I don't know they specifics of his fire guns/powers, but the Anti-Fire foam that's in the bat utility belt must have been made by Bruce, so it stands to reason he'd have it for just that type of enemy. Getting in and taking him down is a tricky part, but if Aurra fires her dual triggered blasters while Black Widow fires her glocks running tactically into one of the sides of the room while Batgirl sprays the Foam. Being attacked from three angles, with some heavy stuff probably takes him down, as I said it hinges onthe Anit-Fire Foam.

As to point 4, during the 20 minutes Kusanagi is fixing up Dog, she has Laura guarding her, cloaked or not, she can sniff those badboys out and attack accordingly, hiding behind the door ready to strike, and I don't think Adamantium Claws to the Torso and Skull will keep them standing long.

Same with Black Widow. Aurra will pound Blaster fire at any stumbling Super Mutant, or Nightkin which is detected. Don't the Bat suits have things to detect cloaked enemies?

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

Well there are only so many ways to go at this particular scenario with our groups, and our groups are build fairly similarly the main difference being you had characters with long range abilities.

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

ZomB wrote:Points against Ruliya:

Points against Thor:

Theres no way Spider-Man will get through the center and grab that fatman in broad daylight without alerting the entire fort. He is just not fast enough.

Again, Captain Cold and Heatwave have much faster reactions and more powerful weaponry than anyone on your team as well. I don't think Black Panther can survive opening that door.

What will your team do to protect from being murdered by Super Mutants while activating your help? (This seems a bit worse for you since it's two of your big guns this match doing the hacking)

Also, your team does lack range for exterminating the Xenomorphs.

1. Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 97665733
Moves so fast in his classic bright red and blue tights that a building full of security camera's shield agents and Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch can't identify him. All the mutant will see is a blur of red and blue I said before he'll comprehend. And there's always acid webbing in the eyes if worst comes to worst. And I did say if the mutant raises the alarm they lay low before moving on. I don't know how quick on the uptake the mutants are though.

2. That's where the Vibranium comes in it's not adamantium but a little fire won't hurt it, and ice may not either I'll find some scans on Panther's reflexes though, and cutting the lock will likely be quiet enough he won't realize it till Panthers on top of him. If he has to the energy dagger can also fire killing blasts or Han can shoot him when they open the door.

3. Cap and Han are guarding Spidey and Leon is covering Panther, I figured saying guarding was enough, I don't know how tough Super Mutants are of course but still.

4. Han's blaster has an optimum range of 50 meters and a maximum of 75, maybe not useful in the open but in the tunnels it should be more than enough.

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

@Thor

Spider-Man is not reliably that fast, and that scan shows nothing. He's had multiple occasions where his loved ones were on the line and did not move at a blurred pace. Super mutants are mot the brightest, but they aren't too stupid either. If they see something they will search the fort for it.

As for the Vibranium, this isn't fire, this is heat(I say this because it has hit Flash going light speed, and fire would dissipate), that is so hot it is hotter than the friction caused by moving at light speed. He is not exactly stingy about using it either, hes the type that as soon as that door opens, he's probably going to level the entire fort in under a minute(Didn't think about that til now). With Captain Cold, he is the only character in comic books to reach absolute zero. Both of them should be able to kill anyone on your team with one hit, and they have reactions that make them a threat to someone that is FTL. Captain Cold is pretty much the same, but better, and with cold instead of heat.

As for the guards, Cap and Han should be able to defend Spidey for a bit, but Super Mutants are extremely tough, the DL-44 should be able to take em in two or three shots to the head, and Cap's shield should hurt em significantly, they can probably hold em off long enough for Spider-Man to help, I don't know if they can identify cloaked Nightkin though. Leon though, he's gonna have his work cut out for him, a cloaked Nightkin comes up on him, I can't see him surviving, and anymore than one Super mutant and I'd think hes toast as well. Also, using unsilenced weapons, and he would likely alert the fort.

I know Han's range, but Spidey, Cap, and Panther are all close range fighters, and they're gonna have Xenos coming from both sides(The tunnels ring around)

@Ruliya

Scope, okay.

I know of the car running feat (I researched all of the characters I didn't know) so, that may work. Though once he looks to where it was he could still raise an alarm, though behemoths never struck me as the types for memory, he may just forget it was once there.

Cold's guns are quite fast, he'd probably be able to hit Laura, however, her healing factor may save her. He has shown no ability to my knowledge to identify cloaked opponents.

All I have to say about Heat Wave I already said to Thor. His weapons are deadly, and his reactions are supreme. Both of them are not undefeatable, but they're formidable.

Laura should be able to sniff them out, and dispatch them with relative ease. Aurra's scope should allow her to see any Nightkin. Her and Black Widow should have the firepower necessary for eliminating any Mutant threat. However, Using their weapons may alert the fort.

Lady Ruliya

It's possible then Laura gets frozen (I always picture a chunk of ice, like whenever Iceman ices someone xD Motoko can crack her out of the Ice when she's killed Captain Cold, and her Regen will kick in. This will probably lead to a small period of time where she won't be able to defend Motoko too well. But Motoko is no slouch and could easily spin round and use her Pistol to kill any intruders.

Again to Heatwave and Batgirl's Batman created Anti-Fire Foam. She also has Smoke canisters which she could throw into the room. He'd probably try and torch everything, but the confusion might give the trio just what they need to get a lucky shot, especially if Aurra can get a clean headshot lined up.

To the gunfire alerting half the fort, that is sadly a possibility. Aurra can always just use her Lightsaber to cut swathes through the horde, who would be bottlenecked in the makeshift doorway. This would probably mean more Xeno's later on, but if all goes well, the mini-nuke should take care of that problem too.

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

ZomB wrote:@Thor

Spider-Man is not reliably that fast, and that scan shows nothing. He's had multiple occasions where his loved ones were on the line and did not move at a blurred pace. Super mutants are mot the brightest, but they aren't too stupid either. If they see something they will search the fort for it.

As for the Vibranium, this isn't fire, this is heat(I say this because it has hit Flash going light speed, and fire would dissipate), that is so hot it is hotter than the friction caused by moving at light speed. He is not exactly stingy about using it either, hes the type that as soon as that door opens, he's probably going to level the entire fort in under a minute(Didn't think about that til now). With Captain Cold, he is the only character in comic books to reach absolute zero. Both of them should be able to kill anyone on your team with one hit, and they have reactions that make them a threat to someone that is FTL. Captain Cold is pretty much the same, but better, and with cold instead of heat.

As for the guards, Cap and Han should be able to defend Spidey for a bit, but Super Mutants are extremely tough, the DL-44 should be able to take em in two or three shots to the head, and Cap's shield should hurt em significantly, they can probably hold em off long enough for Spider-Man to help, I don't know if they can identify cloaked Nightkin though. Leon though, he's gonna have his work cut out for him, a cloaked Nightkin comes up on him, I can't see him surviving, and anymore than one Super mutant and I'd think hes toast as well. Also, using unsilenced weapons, and he would likely alert the fort.

I know Han's range, but Spidey, Cap, and Panther are all close range fighters, and they're gonna have Xenos coming from both sides(The tunnels ring around)
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 51029663yd5 running so fast he doesn't get shot while carrying MJ and escapes.
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 Spidey28disquised as Wolverine moves quick enough the guys think he vanishes (again in a highly visible suit.
and still acid web to the face if worst comes to worst.

Vibranium is resistant to elements too, not just kinetics. heat for example
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 BlackPanther07p07

and I know you said it would take twenty minutes but honestly unless your just saying no matter what it takes twenty minutes Spidey should in reality be able to get dog up and running in a couple of seconds...he's Reed Richards smart. Not contesting more making an observation. And don't forget Spidey's echolocator and his spider sense, it's warned him to warn his allies in the past.

I did say Han and Leon focus on range from one direction while Dog watches the other, Spidey can use his webs to slow Xeno's it's fairly easy for him too and his webs are pretty strong, it won't stop them but he can slow them. Cap would likely need to focus on directing the defenders to their greatest advantage. And Panther's energy dagger can be used at range too, didn't think about it in the scenario but he can.

Lady Ruliya

I think the 20 mins was being fair to all parties. I mean Motoko, could probably get Dog up faster than Spidey considering she deals with that kind of stuff on a day to day basis with the Tachikomas.

A set time also provides a challenge, such as random patrols. It's more about how your chars can handle a 20 min guard spot then how tech-savvy your chars are.

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

Lady Ruliya wrote:I think the 20 mins was being fair to all parties. I mean Motoko, could probably get Dog up faster than Spidey considering she deals with that kind of stuff on a day to day basis with the Tachikomas.

A set time also provides a challenge, such as random patrols. It's more about how your chars can handle a 20 min guard spot then how tech-savvy your chars are.
Right, I know, like I said I was more commenting really, Spidey is at least equal to Reed Richards and memorized the Ironman armor weaknesses from his Iron Spider armors, and he made his Sinister Six suit.

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

The twenty minutes was considering that these are technologies from completely different universes. DOG especially, he appears to be at least part Combine, an inter-dimensional alien species. I use twenty minutes as a standard, it was more of a test to see if you had multiple tech oriented characters, and that your team could survive without some of it's members for awhile.

(I don't get why people hold Reed in such high-regard either, Pym is smarter.)

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

ZomB wrote:The twenty minutes was considering that these are technologies from completely different universes. DOG especially, he appears to be at least part Combine, an inter-dimensional alien species. I use twenty minutes as a standard, it was more of a test to see if you had multiple tech oriented characters, and that your team could survive without some of it's members for awhile.

(I don't get why people hold Reed in such high-regard either, Pym is smarter.)
Peter surpassed Pym too, Pym actually said he couldn't believe that Peter made something more advanced than he could have when he was first starting out as Spider-Man. In some areas at least. Like I said though that was more thinking out loud than anything else.

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

I'm sorry to interrupt, but does anyone know what happened to Bard? My match has been vacant.

Lady Ruliya

I think me and GA have said all we can? So what happens now? Do the others look over our strategies and abilities and discuss and decide which team has the better odds? Or something?

ZomB

ZomB
Admin

You positive you have said everything you want to say? If so I guess its time to put it to a vote.

Lady Ruliya

ZomB wrote:You positive you have said everything you want to say? If so I guess its time to put it to a vote.

Well you brought up some points, to which I answered to the best of my team's abilities.

I guess all that's left now is the vote.

Unless GA wants to add anything?

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

right now I think we're as far in as we're getting I think our strategies are fairly done. We can answer questions maybe campaign about what our teams can do in the event of x. I say let the other members check it out and start discussing and then vote.

ka-tet19

how effective is black panthers ranged weapons when it comes to dealing with xenos?

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

the blades basically work like a lightsaber on their highest setting, only the blade can be launched as a projectile.
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 No7gc2
and due to the nature he basically has unlimited ammo with them. In the above image the blade cuts through steel easily, I don't recall exactly how durable a Xeno's hide is but the "darts" should punch through them.
I'll look for more scans of them.

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

energy dagger blast swarm Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 2571128-2292126_black_panther_v2_60_019
should be able to take out some Xeno's

ka-tet19

that quote is so fitting lol

ka-tet19

also im not firmiliar with this spider-man suit does it allow him to see invisible people?

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

not outright see but it has an echo-locator built in....you'd have to talk to ZomB about it though cause I didn't know it was a full blown one.

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Don't forget, that Behemoth is a tough mutha. And typically the Nightkin hang around cloaked until they attack with Rebar Clubs.
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 FNVrebarclub
-
Both of your teams will need detection of some sort, plus some heavy weapons to take out the behemoth, his size belies his surprising speed.
Thor Mod of Thunder vs Lady Ruliya: Survival - Page 2 250px-Super_Mutant_Behemoth

Thor Mod of Thunder

Thor Mod of Thunder

Spidey's Echolocator works like radar so he'll have forewarning, and Black Panther does have enhanced senses (he can hear Iron Man exhale in his normal armors and Nightkin aren't exactly light breathers).
Han's blaster should have enough kick to put down nightkin and Cap snapping a neck or two isn't completely out of the question. Depending on when BP and Leon are discovered if they are BP may be able to spin around and fling an energy dart to kill the creature in question. I didn't see a rule saying they wouldn't be allowed to anyway and there are three turrets, unless their on the same AI that means 20 minutes total but around six nearly seven minutes a piece, so there's a few seconds to switch turrets and if he hears someone coming between that it's quite likely he'd take action to keep Leon from having to use up his ammo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum